Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions???

History will prove that I'm not good at resolutions. I have made them and by Valentine's Day they are thrown to the way-side. In theory, yes...I do want this upcoming year to be the year that I conquer all my insecurities...transform my body into the one I want...be a better person...become more organized...manage my time better...all the cliche resolutions. Yes, I want them all...but I don't necessarily want to WORK for them. Resolutions sound like something that is supposed to magically happen without any time invested. From experience, I know for fact that I do not change that easily. I wish I did, but I do not.

I started a couple years ago making GOALS for the new year rather than resolutions. Goals seemed to be a better word...something that allows me to be a work in progress rather than that ultimate cut-off of New Year's Day where I'm supposed to wake up this new person. Yes, I need to focus on myself and not feel guilty for that...which in turn will allow me to make my own health a priority. I want to be a better mom. My son deserves the best and right now, I am not giving him the me that he deserves. My sweetheart deserves the best me I can be too.

So there you go. 2009 is going to be the year of me. I will not abandon anyone in this goal...I will just attempt every day to make some time for myself. Everyone deserves that much.

1 comment:

HeatherL said...

It sounds like you're on the right track! I don't do well with resolutions either. IDK. Old habits die hard I guess. I'd like to lose weight, but since I'm pregnant, that looks to be unlikely. Maybe I'll just focus on not gaining more than...25lbs. That would be nice.